[Koha] Purpose of this list?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Jul 22 15:16:06 NZST 2008

HI ya
>> I'm wondering what everyone thinks about setting up these boundaries
>> and enforcing them on these lists. Basically, should this list be for
>> Koha usage questions and the Koha Developer list be for those very
>> techie questions about Perl and Linux and installing Koha on your own.
>>

> Yes, it should.  I think the problem is that the moderators of these
> lists went to sleep or went away a long time ago and, over time, the
> list descriptions have been lost and very little moderation happens
> now.

I suspect that possibly people don't think of themselves as developers,
so don't join the list - rather than seeing it as the place they can
*ask* the developers etc.

I can go and change the text on the subscriptions page to make it clear
that the developer list is the place to go for techy & install help (not
just  for people planning on making new modules etc).

Cheers
Rachel

--
Rachel Hamilton-Williams