[Koha] Purpose of this list? - Adding more lists?

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Sun Jul 20 17:01:03 NZST 2008

HI ya

> Thanks for the input.  Is anyone against having three lists?  And does
> anyone know how we can make it clear what each list is for?  I know
> some lists have moderators - as I've been contacted by them on
> occasion for going off topic :)

Henri (list moderator for koha-dev) can possibly clarify, but the
developer list pretty clearly says it's for developers. If we wanted to
do anything there, it could be to moderate who joins the developer list.

If there was more general Koha talk then we could have a talk list & a
support list - but it doesn't seem like there is enough of that?

There is a bit of a catch 22 here. Adding another list does just make
for more lists to monitor if you're one of the question answerers,
rather than question askers :-)

If it's useful to the developers to try and separate out the various
streams I'm happy to setup a Koha support mailing list and we can copy
everyone from koha list onto koha-support as well, and then folks can
opt out at will. There will still be a lot of the tech archives on the
koha list, so we might not get a "clean break".

Cheers
Rachel