[Koha] Purpose of this list?

Nicole Engard nicole.engard at liblime.com
Sat Jul 19 03:07:35 NZST 2008

Hi all,

I've been working closely with customers of LibLime on answering usage
related questions (how do I catalog a serial, etc).  I've suggested
that we start a new list for these types of questions, but I've just
learned that this list was supposed to be for that purpose and the
koha-developer list was supposed to be for the questions of developers
and those installing the system themselves (basically those who have
server and programming knowledge).

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about setting up these boundaries
and enforcing them on these lists. Basically, should this list be for
Koha usage questions and the Koha Developer list be for those very
techie questions about Perl and Linux and installing Koha on your own.
 Or do we need a different list for this type of thing? And if we
create it will it stay that way? Or will it too turn into a list that
looks awfully scary to non-programmer librarians.

---

Nicole C. Engard
Open Source Evangelist, LibLime
(888) Koha ILS (564-2457) ext. 714