[Koha] Koha Conference

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Thu Jul 17 10:32:25 NZST 2008

Salvete!

>I am in favor of such Koha Conference. It will help not only current
>users of Koha, but will also help those who are deciding whether to use
>Koha as their ILS.

As am I :D Perhaps it would be nifty to have a library campish event
rather than a proper conference the first year. I'd hate to think of
folks losing out for cost reasons.
I've done some Conference planning work with my Fraternity, Alpha Phi
Omega; though I wasn't the head of any of the groups, I was involved
enough with the committees to know the basic steps of things. One of the
niftiest things APO did was cordon everything off into meaningful
regions. It was nice knowing that even though you'd travel cross country
one year, the next cycle it'd be in your backyard again.
It's almost unquestionably time for a proper user's group.

Cheers,
Brooke