[Koha] Koha install on a Mac - Apache2

Andrew Moore andrew.moore at liblime.com
Thu Jul 17 08:55:34 NZST 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Christopher Brown-Syed
<cbrownsyed at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> I've partially installed koha-3.00.00-stableRC1 on a Mac running Mac OS
> X 10.5.4 Darwin 9.4.0, and apache-2.2.9. Apachectl is accepting
> directives. However, the Koha install instructions for 3.00.00 say...
>
>    6. sudo a2enmod rewrite
>    7. sudo a2ensite koha && /etc/init.d/apache2 reload
>
> and I can't find these utilities amongst the Apache stuff downloaded,
> nor on the apache.org site (but I think I am getting punchy).
> I gather that they just copy config information into subdirectories of
> /etc/apache2.... but what info and from where?

Those two scripts may be pretty specific to debian, but what they do is:

6 - enable mod_rewrite.
This is probably done in your /etc/apache2/httpd.conf file already. It
probably looks something like:
LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache2/mod_rewrite.s
so, you're probably already done there.

7 - get the etc/koha/koha.conf file into apache and restart it.
I think OSX does this by putting files in /etc/apache2/other. copy the
etc/koha/koha.conf file there and restart apache.

You may have to edit that configuration file a bit, OSX is a little
different than linux.

If you get this working, please let us know. We would love to have an
INSTALL.osx file.

Hope it helps!
-Andy