[Koha] General Question from Newbie

gayle prentice wood tiadragon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:09:20 NZST 2008

Please forgive me if this is an incorrect use of this forum, but I am
looking to install Koha for use as the ILS at my small, alternative school
and I am a bit overwhelmed.  I have an IT guy who is well-versed in the
programming side of things, but I want to make sure that I communicate with
him best about how to set things up to fit my needs.

Has anyone created a "Koha for Dummies" tutorial?  Or is anyone out there in
a similar situation with a small collection (>500 titles) who is using the
basic features (cataloging, Z39.50 for acquisition, circulation and OPAC)
and can give me some tips?

We have no budget to contract with anyone (i.e. LibLime) for training or
tech support in the initial stages.

I appreciate your help!

Gayle Prentice Wood
Mt. Scott Learning Centers