[Koha] Re: Can not install "MARC::File::XML"' - SOLVED

Matthew Metzger news at metzger.cc
Sun Jan 27 18:02:09 NZDT 2008

Okay, I think I got everything installed correctly, but it took a while.
I'll try to recreate the process. I'm using ubuntu 6.06.1 server.

sudo perl -MCPAN -e 'install Class::Accessor'

sudo aptitude install libxml2-utils

sudo aptitude install xml-core

sudo apt-get install libxml++2.6-dev

wget
http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/E/ES/ESUMMERS/MARC-Charset-0.98.tar.gz

tar -xzf MARC-Charset-0.98.tar.gz

cd MARC-Charset-0.98
perl Makefile.PL (took a long time)
make
make test
sudo make install

cd ..

wget http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/K/KA/KADOS/MARC-XML-0.88.tar.gz

tar -xzf MARC-XML-0.88.tar.gz

cd MARC-XML-0.88
perl Makefile.PL
make
make test
sudo make install

cd ..

wget ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/libxml2-2.6.31.tar.gz
tar -xzf libxml2-2.6.31.tar.gz

cd libxml2-2.6.31/
./configure
make (took a long time)