[Koha] how does koha save data

Octavee Uhl octavee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 07:51:58 NZDT 2008

On 1/12/08, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> > You are seeing the value that is preserved in the index.  Clearly the
> > is necessary to avoid searching entire database tables for each query.
>
> That would be true under 3.0 or dev_week, but is this accurate?
>
> > > Koha version 2.2.8
> > > OS version Linux Librarian 2.6.18-4-686
>
> 2.2.8 doesn't use zebra indexing does it?
Just to clarify, there is no need to run an index script under normal
circumstances,
and running an index script as a scheduled job wouldn't be that useful
as everything
is indexed in real time in 3.0 (not in dev_week however, as Owen
points out). Also,
indexing isn't handled with a batch script in the 2.2 version.

Hello Joshua,
not quite sure what that means. We have version 2.28 (not 3.0) and as
described I am trying to optimize certain entries via MYSQL.
Do I need to rebuild the index in that case?
How do i do that?
How can I install the rebuild script?

Thanks, Octavee