[Koha] Help Git unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

Pseudo Admin sayanslib at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:07:10 NZDT 2008

Hello!

While trying to create a kohaclone using git I encountered this error
message:
... unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

after reading the documentation on the Git homepage it looks like my
connection to Git is blocked by our firewall,
also it was mentioned that it may be possible to clone a git project using
the http protocol, which is considerably slower but works even behind
firewalls

I tried it changing the protocol on the URL and this is what I get :
aslan at tek1:~$ git clone http://git.koha.org/home/pub/scm/koha.git kohaclone
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/aslan/kohaclone/.git/
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

Will this be possible on the koha git repository in the future?
I may not be able to convince our ISP to open our firewall for Git :)

Thanks!
Mon