[Koha] Organizational Meeting for (USA) Koha Users Group

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Feb 19 14:07:35 NZDT 2008

Just to clarify a point made by Deb ...

> As you know, by building a strong user group, the users have the
> ability to help make the Koha ILS stronger and LibLime grow as a
> company, while users learn and help one another.  It's a win, win, win!
While I'm sure we're all happy for LibLime to grow etc, there are many
companies and individuals supporting & developing Koha and we'd like
them all to be strong healthy companies.

One "model" for user groups is to have a user group per "company", but I
tend to favour a user group per region which hopefully means they have
the choice of several independent developers and companies, but can
still get together for meetings. Trying to have a group that is wider
than a region/country I think will prove difficult to manage and
difficult to have feel democratic and "fair".

Cheers
Rachel

--
Rachel Hamilton-Williams