[Koha] Entering Patron Details

Opal Weng opal9437 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:33:33 NZDT 2008

I have installed Koha 2.2.9 and have set one year as the Enrolment Period
value in all borrowers in the Borrower Categories parameter.
I then use Patrons/Add New Patron ( cgi-bin/koha/members/memberentry.pl ) to
enter a new patron, leaving Expiry Date blank and setting a patron category.
According to the documentation, the expiry date should be automatically
calculated to one year after joining.  However when I then display the
patron details, neither date (registration, expiry) is displayed.  If I
attempt to issue an item to that patron I get the message "Patron's card is
expired" (indicating date is null?).
Why isn't the date calculated and inserted?  What else must I do?
If instead I want to enter the date, what formats are valid?  None I have
used achieve entry and display of the date.
Many thanks,
Opal