[Koha] Importing records

Krishnan M kmlist at yahoo.in
Wed Dec 31 23:19:34 NZDT 2008

Hello,

Apologies for going back and responding to the original e-mail, but i just wanted to let John know there are tools that will do this for him (albeit in a two-step process).

You can use a tool like the free MarcEdit that has a batch mode for searching Z39.50 servers given a list of authors/ISBN/titles, or even any custom field. You can then import the MARC records you get into Koha's reservoir.

In fact, i created a video tutorial a few days back that illustrates how to do this for local people that asked me, but its still not upto scratch, so i haven't published it to the Wiki or other location yet.

But if you are really interested, i can try and finish it off and send it to whatever audience is interested.

All the other caveats from people on this thread still hold true. In other words, the quality of your catalog is as good as what you make it or what you allow into it.

regards,
krishnan
Pune, India