[Koha] Koha Conference in April 16-17

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Dec 30 23:14:52 NZDT 2008

BWS Johnson a écrit :
> Salvete!
>
> >If you are interested in Koha or working with it you are more than
> welcome!
> >There will be a registration fee though... Not sure about "Free"
> pizza, but
> >there will be food and snacks! Not to mention great discussions!
>

> Is there any way to run this like a Library Camp and forego the added
> expense of a registration fee? If this is the same function that's
> planned in Texas, it's not exactly inexpensive to get there in the
> first place... I bristle at paying ALA conference fees, and thus
> forego many of their conferences. How many people were at the last
> Koha Con? Is it the sort of thing that a friendly University or large
> Public Library could host?
There is one example that could help : In 2006, the 1st KohaCon took
place in France, Paris.
We were hosted by the ENSMP (Ecole Nationale des Mines de Paris), that
friendly gave us a large conference room & we had the "jardins du
luxembourg" for breaks & lunches. There were something like 60-70
persons. Most frenchies, of course.

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com