[Koha] Koha and OAI

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Tue Dec 23 04:51:36 NZDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Laurence Lefaucheur
<laurence.lefaucheur at biblibre.com> wrote:
> translating/writing Koha 3.0 french documentation, I configured Koha as
> OAI repository with system preferences OAI-PMH. It seems to work quite
> fine, however I wonder how the sets defined in sys pref OAI-PMH:Set are
> used :
> - I didn't see the correspondence between Set and any field of biblio,
> or document types.
> - I didn't find in oai.pl a query where Sets are involved,
> - and the xml response to oai verb
> oai.pl?verb=ListIdentifiers&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=name_of_set is the
> same for every set value.

It appears that the ability to define different sets has not been
implemented.  Furthermore, the OAI-PMH:Subset syspref is marked as
experimental and is not used anywhere.  Perhaps Paul can advise
whether there's any code that can be contributed to finish this part
of the OAI-PMH implementation.

Regards,

Galen
--