[Koha] Import into catalogue failed, cannot un-import

Jeffrey LePage jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 00:58:45 NZDT 2008

Hello all:

Because of a character set issue, an import of some MARC records failed.  I can't simply reverse the import from the web interface.  The import crashed and the web interface doesn't seem to recognize that the import happened.  However, the records are still there in the database tables biblio, biblioitems, and items.

My question is: Can I simply delete all records from these tables (biblio, biblioitems, items)?  Or are there other tables I need to deal with?  Or is there a way to do this from the web interface?

P.S.  Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel informs me that the problem I had with the character set was due to not using UTF-8 encoding.  I believe this is correct, although I haven't yet had a chance to test  it.  Thanks Bernardo!