[Koha] Simple MARC or Simple Acquisitions?

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Sat Dec 20 02:30:57 NZDT 2008

> FRBR is already in place in the OPAC.

 I don't know what the official definition of FRBR is, but what Nicole
is describing doesn't come close to satisfying the expectations that a
Koha 1.0 user would have switching to Koha 3.0. Koha 1.0 not only
displayed different material types under one title heading, but
allowed the patron to place a hold on one or any of those items.

Can anyone supply a screenshot of that functionality?

I'm not pointing this out to criticize the current version--I'm as
much to blame as anyone, speaking as someone from the library that
sponsored MARC compliance in Koha (the nail in the coffin of that 1.0
feature). I point this out because I think this is an important
discussion, and a bit of Koha history that we shouldn't forget. I this
case we need to know history so we *can* repeat it.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries