[Koha] orders in acquisitions

Ryan Higgins ryan.higgins at liblime.com
Thu Dec 18 13:02:11 NZDT 2008

Hi Rachel.

A replacement surcharge isn't currently available in Koha, but would
be a pretty easy local customization to add to the current codebase,
and is likely to be included in a future release (but isn't currently sponsored,
afaik).  The simplest way to  accomplish this would be to fill in the
'normal purchase price' field, then add a local plugin for 'replacement price'
that adds the surcharge based on whatever criteria you need, using the
existing plugin structure for the  MARC frameworks.

Regards,

Ryan

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:48 PM, Rachel Hollis
<Rachel.Hollis at stevenshenager.edu> wrote:
> Greetings colleagues, we're moving toward full-functionality and I am very
> excited. In fact just today I used Koha to check out two items to a willing
> test participant and was overjoyed with the screens!
>
> Now I'm working with acquisitions. Creating an order record is it possible
> to make Vendor Price and Purchase Order required fields in the same way that
> Quantity is required? Using "From a new (empty) record" I'd like ISBN,
> Vendor Price and Purchase Order to be required fields.
>
> Is it possible have a flat amount added to the Replacement Cost field based
> on Vendor Price such that if a patron is changed for replacement it includes
> a processing fee as well?
>
> The poop on what we've got:
> Koha version: 3.01.00.001
> OS version: Linux library 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Fri Jun 6 22:22:11 UTC 2008
> i686 GNU/Linux
> Perl version: 5.008008
> MySQL version: mysql Ver 14.12
> Apache version: Server version: Apache/2.2.3
> Zebra version: Zebra 2.0.32
>
> Rachel Hollis, librarian
> Stevens-Henager College, Boise Campus
> 208-345-0700 x1814
> http://www.librarything.com/catalog/StevensHenagerBoise

Ryan Higgins

LibLime  *  Open-Source Solutions for Libraries
Featuring KohaZOOM ILS
888-564-2457  x704