[Koha] GST and discount not calculating correctly when placing an order in 3.0 acquisitions.

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Mon Dec 15 17:04:54 NZDT 2008

/(last one from me for the day I promise ..)/

Greetings all,

I have just placed an order for a book in my new Koha 3.0 test site.

The supplier profile is set with list/ordering price and invoice price
both inclusive of GST (12.5%) The supplier gives a 15% discount.

I ordered a book with a List price of $75. (See attachment for the
screen shots showing the input screen and the order details screen.)

The amount to be deducted from the budget needs to be exclusive of GST
and discount ie the actual net cost to us of purchasing the item.

So RRP $75 less GST (divided by 1.125) =  a GST exclusive price of $66.66.
Then if we deduct the 15% ($9.99) off the ex-GST price the book is
actually $56.67.

What appears to be happening is that Koha 3.0 then adds GST of 12.5%
($7.08) back on to the $56.67 to arrive at the $63.75 which is then
deducted off the budget. This is the wrong amount.

I think this may be a bug. Where does one log such things? And how do we
incorporate a patch back into my demo site?

Cheers Jo.

(PS We have used Koha acquisitions for 8 years and  are very familiar
with the intricacies of it - by way of explanation for appearing so
pedantic and obsessed about it!)