[Koha] Need help with export after using SQL on database

Doug Dearden dearden at sarsf.org
Thu Dec 11 07:20:05 NZDT 2008

I am running multiple databases and on one of them was having a hard
time getting everything imported into the DB due to problems in the MARC
records.  I finally got a good clean MARC file created, and as there
were problems with the record matching during import due to some
extraneous characters in the title I decided to clean the database and
import everything in again from the good file.  I used phpmyadmin and
did a DELETE FROM BIBLIO to remove the records, then the same on the
biblioitems and the items tables.  I also deleted everything from the
import_biblios, import_items, and import_batches tables to clean up all
the mess in there.  I had used the tool to do some imports, but also
used the bulkmarcimport.pl script for others to try and overcome the
problems I was encountering.  I then did an import using the Tool, and
everything came in clean.  When I try and export I get a koha.mrc file
that is empty.  I created another database to test, imported a few
records then exported and all went well, so I am thinking my direct SQL
action against the DB is what caused the problem.  The first biblio in
the database is no longer number 1, but starts much higher.  The OPAC
and staff client seem to be working as designed in all other aspects,
but there are many that we have not yet had need for.  I am concerned
that my direct manipulation of the tables may turn up other problems in
the future.  We have made a number of configuration changes for this
database so I don't want to start over with a clean Koha DB.

Any idea how I can get export working correctly?

If the answer is start clean, what do I need to do to get all the
System Preferences and Bibliographic Frameworks moved over from the
current DB to the new one?  And will doing that hose things again?

This may be pertinent:

 Koha version: 	3.00.00.107
OS version ('uname -a'): 	Linux SAR56Linux 2.6.18-6-686 #1 SMP Sun
Feb 10 22:11:31 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux
Perl interpreter: 	/usr/bin/perl
Perl version: 	5.008008
Perl @INC: 	/usr/share/koha/lib
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
/usr/lib/perl5
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.8
/usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl
.
MySQL version: 	mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.32, for pc-linux-gnu
(i486) using readline 5.2
Apache version: 	Server version: Apache/2.2.3
Zebra version:

Thanks,

Doug