[Koha] how to connect MARC records to a branch?

Jeffrey LePage jeffrey_lepage at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 07:44:02 NZDT 2008

Hello,

First, an intro:
These days I do database stuff for a living, mostly Oracle.  I spent a year doing web coding professionally: LAMP, where P=Perl.  I'm installing Koha for a small charter school.  It's replacing Sagebrush  Athena.

Now my problem:
I successfully installed Koha and imported MARC records from Sagebrush Athena.  I can see the records in the database tables biblio and biblioitems.  I can also see the records when I "Search the Catalog" from the administrative site (not the OPAC).  However, the location column in the search results page says "No Items".

If I understand the schema correctly, the items table has info regarding barcode, holdingbranch, homebranch.  My items table is EMPTY.  How do I tell the system that all my marc records have holdingbranch=homebranch=<my library> ?

Thanks,
Jeff LePage