[Koha] Auto dialers

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 04:42:53 NZDT 2008

I recently installed an Asterisk based PBX in our library. Asterisk is
amazingly configurable and has a scripting ability similar to CGI called
AGI. I intend to write an asterisk script to interface with Koha so our
patrons can dial in and find out what books are overdue, what fines they
have, and be able to reserve/renew over the phone automatically. I hadn't
thought of automated notice calls.

None of this is in the works yet. I'm waiting until we are running Koha 3 to
develop this, but I know it is 100% possible with asterisk.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
Information Technology
Crawford County Federated Library System ( http://www.ccfls.org )