[Koha] [Koha-devel] Linux distribution with Koha?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Dec 2 07:56:53 NZDT 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Krishnan Mani <krishnanm75 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> b) On the technical front, what does Koha really need for a full install?
> For e.g., it probably uses a few dozen Perl modules, which in turn need (a
> lot?) more dependencies on other Perl modules, etc.? I'd like the tech gurus
> advice on how to construct the essential "bill of material" for what needs
> to be assembled to create the distrib. i haven't even begun to look for the
> answers.

Hi Krishnan

My suggestion would be to build a debian based distribution, as the
packages for Koha in debian are very very close to finished.
So everything Koha needs would be in .deb packages, and it would be as
easy as apt-get install koha. So this bill of material has been done
for debian already.
There are quite a few tools around for building distro's based on
debian or ubuntu. I'd suggest looking at one of them.

Chris