[Koha] XML::LibXML problem

Brian Harrington bharrington at muse.jhu.edu
Wed Aug 27 03:33:42 NZST 2008

--On Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:21 PM +0530 Kiran Savanur
<kiran at ncsi.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am new to Koha,
>  	I am using Ubuntu-8.04, While installing XML::LibXML perl module
> from CPAN, it is giving an error as follows:
>  		cpan>install XML::LibXM
>  		...... ..... ..... ....
>  		/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdbm
>  		collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>  		make: *** [blib/arch/auto/XML/LibXSLT/LibXSLT.so] Error 1

Hi Kiran --

If you want to build XML::LibXML with CPAN, you need to install the
"libgdm-dev" package as well.  Alternatively, you could just install the
Ubuntu package "libxml-libxml-perl", which has XML::LibXML.

>    	Also, I am not able to install XML::Parser.

"sudo apt-get libxml-libxml-perl" should take care of that as well.  If you
want to build it through CPAN, let us know the error message, and we can
help you with that as well.

Good luck,

	-- Brian

--
Brian Harrington
Content and Resource Development Coordinator
brian at jhu.edu