[Koha] bulk import .pl script vs webinterface

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Tue Aug 26 00:53:47 NZST 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 4:42 AM, Jochum van der Heide
<jochum.vanderheide at lifehope.om.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Nicole pointed out to me that I can use the "MARC Import (staging)" on the
> librarian webinterface, to import multiple records, which seems to work
> very well for me. I've seen on the list many people use the commandline
> tool bulkmarcimport.pl. What is the difference between the two?
The primary differences are that the staging tool give you:

1. de-duplication capabilities based on defined match points you set up
in Administration
2. a chance to verify matches in the staging area prior to actually importing
records.

3. rollback capability, so that you can remove a specific batch of
records (bibs and
items) rather than delete everything in your collection like the -d
flag to bulkmarcimport does.

Note that if you prefer to work on the command line, there are
command-line versions
of the staging tool as well.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
CEO migration, training, maintenance, support