[Koha] re installing with a clean Debian and Koha 3.0

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Sun Aug 24 00:27:40 NZST 2008

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> Since lenny's in a freeze now, you might want to contact
> debian-release if you really want those modules to make it into lenny.
> You'll need to ask for an exception to the freeze.
>
> As far as support pieces go, idzebra-2.0 doesn't appear to be in
> debian at all.  I think it needs to be pulled from indexdata's APT
> repository, over here:
>
>   deb http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian lenny main
>
> Are there plans afoot to get idzebra into debian proper as well, or is
> that too much to ask?  It looks like you've got it in NEW already:
>
>  http://ftp-master.debian.org/new/idzebra_2.0.32-1.html

zebra is indeed in NEW waiting approval from ftpmaster.

I do not plan to ask freeze exceptions for the few perl modules, idzebra
and koha. This is because:
- it is new packaging (zebra and koha), not well tested, so not ready
  for stable (think that software in stable will stay here for one or
  two years)
- I will try to upload them in backports (once lenny will be released)

=> backports.org will allow more frequent updates to correct packaging
bugs (and backports offers compilation on all main Debian architectures)

> Very excited to see koha this close to stable on debian,

In stable, it will be for after lenny. But it will be installable with
lenny + backports.org during lenny.
If you look some of my post on koha-dev, you will see that I asked for
some modifications in upstream koha (permissions, manpages, ...) that
koha developers accepted to add in the next koha release...

  Thanks for your encouragements
  Best regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean                 Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot