[Koha] Installing Koha 3.0.0 on Windows PLUS Koha website update?

Joshua Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Aug 22 12:09:58 NZST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:53 PM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Betsy Law <betsy.law at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The news release does seem to be in error at this time.  Can anyone
>> change that?  There have been many questions about this subject
>> recently and it seems fair to all involved to give out the best
>> information.
>>
>> This is the page we're talking about:
>> http://www.koha.org/about-koha/news/nr1218407616.html
>> And here is the text:
>> 4. Cross-platform, multi-RDBMS, Web-server agnostic - Run Koha on the platform
>> of your choice: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris. Koha 3 also
>> includes better support for multi-RDBMS (MySQL 5.0 and PostgreSQL), and runs
>> under Apache2, IIS, or the web server of your choosing.
>>
> Hi Betsy
>
> Thanks for the heads up, I suspect a cut and paste for the 2.2.9
> release notes :) Fixed now.
Actually, I stand by that statement in the release notes, just because
there's not
an installer ready for Koha 3.0 on Windows, doesn't mean it won't work
on Windows :-).
There's nothing inherent about KOha 3.0 that prevents it from running
on Windows,
it's just a matter of someone taking the time to document how to do it.

Cheers,

CEO                         migration, training, maintenance, support