[Koha] import records and map field to marc

Marijana Glavica mglavica at ffzg.hr
Fri Aug 22 06:05:54 NZST 2008

> I noticed that by default there are a number of MARC fields mandatory. For
> example, what is the 000 leader field used for and why is it mandatory?
> Should I be using those fields or is it save to not make them mandatory?

if you want valid MARC, you have to use leader. you can see here what
leader is:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bdleader.html

most of the fields are filled automaticaly, or can be set as default
values.
if you build different fremeworks for different material types (books,
serials, ...) than you can set appropriate values in the frameworks, so
librarians doesn't have to care about it.

> BTW, are there any instructions available on using the bulkmarkimport tool?

./bulkmarcimport.pl -h

will give you all options listed

Marijana