[Koha] Installing Koha 3.0.0 on Windows PLUS Koha website update?

Betsy Law betsy.law at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 03:20:13 NZST 2008

Carmel,

Like that old joke, you can run Koha 3 on any platform as long as it's
UNIX.  Koha 3 for Windows isn't ready yet as far as I know.  Here's a
link to a recent discussion of the issue:
http://www.nabble.com/Windows-install-for-Koha-3-td18758644.html

If you have the resources to set up a Linux machine, do give Koha 3 a
try.  I have the 2.2.9 on Windows on one laptop partition and 3.0.0 on
Ubuntu on another and the new release is quite nice.  Because it's
web-based, you only need the server to run UNIX.

The news release does seem to be in error at this time.  Can anyone
change that?  There have been many questions about this subject
recently and it seems fair to all involved to give out the best
information.

This is the page we're talking about:
http://www.koha.org/about-koha/news/nr1218407616.html
And here is the text:
4. Cross-platform, multi-RDBMS, Web-server agnostic - Run Koha on the platform
of your choice: Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, Solaris. Koha 3 also
includes better support for multi-RDBMS (MySQL 5.0 and PostgreSQL), and runs
under Apache2, IIS, or the web server of your choosing.

--Betsy