[Koha] Manage Staged Records Hangs in 3.00.00

Nathan McNew agreatnate at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 04:27:07 NZST 2008

Several weeks ago I set up a server with  Koha 3 beta2 in preparation for
migrating to Koha once koha 3.0 final was released.  I have now set up a
brand new server running Debian and Koha 3.00.00 and I am attempting to set
up the same configuration that I had on the original server.  As part of
this I need to import two large marc record files.  When I attempt to manage
the staged records the progress quickly hangs, and makes no progress for
several hours.

After attempting to import file1, I could look at the results and see that
biblios 1-149 showed as imported, while 150 onwards remained as staged.
Fighting with this for awhile, I got file1 to import fine using
bulkmarcimport.pl, and attempted again to use the web interface for file2.
This again hung, although biblios 1-549 had successfully imported this time,
after that again shows as staged.  I would rather not use bulkmarcimport.pl
again, as there are duplicate biblios that I would like to merge, and from
my understanding this is only possible with the web interface.

Both of these exact files imported just fine on Koha 3 beta2.  Other than
upgrading to koha 3.0 final the configuration should be the same.  Is there
anything that could have broken this functionality in koha 3 final?

Watching top after the import hangs, there is a process "background-job-"
which appears to respawn every few seconds with a new pid.  Nothing
interesting seems to show up in any of the log files.  I am using zebra, and
the koha-zebra and koha-zebraqueue daemons are both running.

Thanks,
Nathan