[Koha] Katipo/Koha Relationship With Greenstone Question

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue Aug 19 11:49:51 NZST 2008

hi
> http://www.greenstone.org/
>
> Is there any relationship between Koha, with particular reference to
> Katipo Communications or other current NZ developers, and Greenstone?

We know each other, and we (Katipo) have used & recommended Greenstone
in the past for projects. Greenstone and our new product Kete are more
direct competitors, although again we think they do fairly different
things, and certainly have a different "reason for being". If you want a
digital library that you can take with you on a CD or USB stick
Greenstone is the bomb - if you want a community of neophytes to build a
digital library that's what Kete is for.
> Would Greenstone and Koha be seen as having competing (presumably on
> friendly terms) or complimentary interests?

We keep an eye each others development, hang out on each others mailing
lists that sort of thing, and now that Katipo does a bit more in the
digital library space we compete some as well in that sphere I think.

More about kete - www.kete.org.nz

Cheers
Rachel