[Koha] Koha won't load from browser

FrŽedeŽric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Sun Apr 27 17:23:50 NZST 2008

> The default apache has been loaded and I enabled to load it using
> http://localhost/.

Do you mean an 'apache2-default' page containing 'it works!'?

> When http://koha-server:8080 .....the server seems not to respond and
> was waiting...

It should like http://localhost. Have you restarted Apache after
modifying ports.conf file?

> Under the /etc/apache2/sites-available is has soft link to
> /etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf as stated under INSTALL.debian. Both OPAC
> and Intranet has the following statements:

You may have to understand whether there is something wrong here.
Default installation defines Koha web site as a virtual host. See Apache
documentation:

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/en/vhosts/name-based.html

Check apache log files: /var/log/apache2/

You can try to disable default Apache web site:

    a2dissite default
    apache2ctl restart

Revert on default web site this way:

    a2ensite default
    apache2ctl restart

If you modify any apache config file, restart Apache: apache2ctl restart