[Koha] Question concerning setting up Library database...

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:25:59 NZST 2008

Hi Jon,

Sorry about your email; I don't know what happened.

I am shifting this to the Koha mailing list, as they might be able to help
too.

I have been following instructions for setting up "Koha" here at
> Assumption.  I have downloaded Apache HTTP Server, MySQL 4.1, ActivePerl
> 5.8.8 Build 822, and installed all of them according to the directions on
> the Koha website.
>
> I have both mysql and Apache running and I cannot access Koha when I open
> my web browser and type in either: opac, internet, or 127.0.0.1 -- I have
> tried all three!
>
> My question then is, "What am I not doing?" As I cannot get it to work at
> all and have been working on different things for about 2 hours last week
> and 2 hours this week.
>
> Any help you could offer would be great! Thank you for your time and
> consideration!

What are the results when you run the command 'netstat -l -n | grep tcp |
grep :80' ? Are there any errors in the Apache logs, and what happens when
you try to connect?

(Also, give http://localhost:8080/ and http://localhost:8000/ a try.)

--
Jesse