[Koha] Koha 2.2.9, Unicode (UTF-8), Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) and migration to Koha 3

Galen Charlton galen.charlton at liblime.com
Wed Apr 23 02:00:53 NZST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Ricardo Dias Marques
<lists at ricmarques.net> wrote:
>  3 - Is the best migration strategy, the following sequence:
>
>  3.1. -  "Transform" the mysqldump to a "pure" UTF-8 file

Doing a Latin-1 to UTF-8 conversion on the mysqldump directly will
likely make any MARC records that are touched unparseable.  I suggest
as part of your process that you export the MARC bib and authority
records separately, fix them using MARC::Record and the techniques
you've already identified, then import them back into your 2.2.9 test
database.  Then you can fix a mysqldump of the non-MARC tables.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton