[Koha] Character problems

Pasi pasi.korkalo at oululainen.com
Wed Apr 16 21:14:26 NZST 2008

Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at ...> writes:

>Pasi --I suggest we attempt to resolve the problem with the importer, and then
>reimport.  Some other members on the list will be able to speak to your question
>better that I can, however.  The data is represented in several places in the
>database, so it is not trivial to accomplish a mass-replace.  And presumably you
>would want to import new data at some later point, regardless.--Joe Atzberger

This is what I ended up doing:

1. dump the whole koha database to a file with mysqldump
2. fix broken characters on that file with unix's sed
3. drop the existing koha database and create a new one
3. restore the data from the fixed file

Granted, it's not a very elegant solution, but seemed to work just fine. I'm not
actually sure if the problem is with the import-tools or with the data itself.