[Koha] Newbie question - importing data

Lindeman, Luanne luanne.lindeman at goodwill.org
Wed Apr 16 06:06:06 NZST 2008

Hi,

I have library data in a sql 2000 database that was the backend for an InMagic application.

Has anyone done an import of data from a sql database into Koha?  I found an article called 'Migrating to Koha ver.2.0.0" by Stephen Hedges.  He mentions that you have to get the records into ISO 2709 format.  We are no longer using InMagic so I don't know if they would have tool to help do that so I'm left with going from sql 2000 to Koha.  We also don't have anything with MARC (not a librarian so please excuse if I stated that sentence incorrectly).  I'm the dba who has been tasked with getting data from the sql 2000 database into Koha.  I'm not familiar with ISO 2709 either.

Any help in getting started would be greatly appreciated.  Is it even possible?

Thanks!

Luanne