[Koha] Playing nice with IE

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 08:06:46 NZST 2008

I imagine most of us would probably say the IE doesn't play well with Koha ; )
IE's CSS support is somewhat lacking and non-standard, which means
that practically every browser in existence renders Koha fine, except
for IE. Considering that Koha is FOSS, and that most FOSS users tend
to use anything except IE, I was not very suprised that Koha had not
been optimized for IE. From the limited testing I've done, even my
simple intranet CSS for the ccfls templates is rendered incorrectly in
IE.
I personally have also use Opera and Konquerer ( Which uses Webkit,
just like Safari ) and have had no problems.

Just wondering, is there a technical reason that requires you to use IE?

Kyle

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Owen Leonard <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:
> >  Why is Koha not playing nice with IE?  When I'm looking at the various record formats, the rendering is way off for some in IE, but not Firefox.
>
>  IE support in Koha can be lacking, it's true. What version of Koha are
>  you using? What version of Internet Explorer?
>
>   -- Owen
>
>  --
>  Web Developer
>  Athens County Public Libraries