[Koha] Install failed (access denied) creating MySQL database

DBurgess nzbungee at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 15:14:33 NZST 2008

I have a Fedora Core 5 box, MySQL 5.0.27 and Koha 2.2.9. During the creating
database stage of the install I get a failure with:

ERROR 1045 (28000):Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

Some of the searches I come accross suggest that there is a problem with
Koha 2.2 and mySQL 5. Is this the case or it there some other setup problem?

Anyone out there using this combo and if so how did you get it installed? Or
do I have to uninstall mySQL 5 and go back to 4. Any write ups on how to do
this?

Dave