[Koha] Problem with Koha and the creation of users

Ricardo Dias Marques lists at ricmarques.net
Sat Apr 5 07:52:52 NZDT 2008

Hi Maritza,

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008, Maritza Sánchez <mxsanchez at utpl.edu.ec> wrote:

>  One question, I am installing Koha version 2.2.9, actually install it,
>  but I am testing the functionality of Koha installed on my server and I
>  have not really been able to add users, I have achieved yampoco verify
>  that table is stored users, not if the program is wrong, or is a mistake
>  of poor installation.

The only two things that maybe I can help, is mentioning that, as far
as I know:

- Koha stores the information of users in the "borrowers" database table.

- I think that you *must* create borrower categories, before being
able to add individual users. You can add borrower categories by :
   1) Logging in to the Intranet interface
   2) Clicking on the "System Administration" link on the left hand side
   3) Clicking on the "Borrower categories" link in the "System
parameters" section in that page (it's the 5th link of that section).
That should take you to the following page:

Patron Category Administration
http://hostname:8080/cgi-bin/koha/admin/categorie.pl

(replace hostname by the name of your Koha server).

On that page, create the borrower categories that you wish. After
doing that, test if you can add individual users.

I hope that helps you.

Best wishes,
Ricardo Dias Marques
lists AT ricmarques DOT net