[Koha] koha upgrade 1.2.2 to 2.2.9...

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Apr 4 02:54:22 NZDT 2008

"Steve Bradwell" <sbradwell at perimeterinstitute.ca> wrote: [...]
> My guess is the easiest way is to upgrade at this point is a fresh
> install, then look to migrate data? I read a post from a while back
> about moving from 1.2.x to 2.0 using an upgrade script, would this work
> still for us as we are so far behind?

If I were you, I'd try moving from 1.2.x to a 2.0 and then to 2.2 -
and maybe then to 3.0 if it's fully-released by then.  Also, take lots
of backups and maybe do this on another server with a mysql dump of
the 1.2 database imported.

I can't remember how easy it is to find 2.0 releases any more.
There's a 2.0 download on http://www.mjr.dsl.pipex.com/ (which I no
longer have access to, so I've no idea how long it will remain - can
someone copy it onto www.koha.org easily?) and I probably have later
ones on an old CD or hard drive somewhere.  I don't know where all the
2.0 uploads to Sourceforge have gone, as only 1.2.3 is shown there.

Good luck!
--
MJ Ray (slef)