[Koha] Koha install with other LAMP open-source applications

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Mon Sep 24 19:18:58 NZST 2007

On Friday 21 September 2007 00:58, joskon wrote:
> I currently have a LAMP stack, with Fedora Core 5. I am interested in
> installing Koha on this box for testing, but have various other open source
> applications installed on the same box (Moodle, Alfresco, phpBB, etc). Is
> it safe to install Koha on this box without it "taking over" the box? If
> so, what do I need to do in order to have Koha be accessible without taking
> the box over? Is it a simple configuration step in the http.conf file?

The great thing about Linux is you are in total control so you can configure
the system how you want. I have Koha, a wiki, a call control system and web
filter all running on the same box without any problems.  http.conf allows
you to tie an application to a port to allow access.
--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation