[Koha] FAQ: Why am I prompted to save a .pl file? was: Problems adding a biblio...

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Sep 11 19:39:56 NZST 2007

Hennie Rautenbach <hennie at sabinet.co.za> wrote: [...]
> trying to add a "biblio" manually. We are prompted to save the
> "addbiblio.pl" file. I see this has happened to other users before
> (google search), but I am unable to find a reference to a fix for it.

This has happened because the script has crashed without producing any
output, so apache has guessed (incorrectly) what headers to send and
your browser interpreted it as a file download.

To stop it, fix the crash.  To fix the crash, find out the error.  To
find out the error, look in koha-error_log for the time of the crash.
(To find koha-error_log, see the ErrorLog line in koha-httpd.conf)

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.