[Koha] use CGI::Carp to catch all perl errors [was: koha on debian etch 4.0]

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Oct 31 19:20:58 NZDT 2007

Beda Szukics wrote:

> Rick Welykochy schrieb:
>> Grant Johnson wrote:
>> When this happens, you of course want to see what the error is.
>> The following always works for me:
>> 1. find the file causing trouble, e.g. addbiblio.pl in your case
>> 2. add the following line after the "use CGI" line:
>>    use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
>>    Now, when any error occurs it will be displayed in your browser.
>
>> Try the above and let the list know what error you have.

> Here it is:
> Arguments must be MARC::Field object at
> /usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/C4/Biblio.pm line 1440

Any MARC experts? I have no idea about the above error.

> Btw: Is there a way to _remove_ all perl-related stuff from my server
> (not only the packages I installed with apt-get, but also all the
> modules installed from CPAN) so I could try to start installing again?

Other than a manual seek and destroy, I do not know if CPAN will
help you deleting the modules.

You can find out which modules have been installed and where
they were installed by examining the install pod with perldoc:

perldoc perllocal

which produces the following (edited) output on my system:

PERLLOCAL(1)          User Contributed Perl Documentation         PERLLOCAL(1)

        Mon Apr  9 14:26:35 2007: "Module" Event
        ?   "installed into: /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8"
        ?   "VERSION: 1.08"

        Mon Apr  9 14:30:18 2007: "Module" MARC::Record
        ?   "installed into: /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8"
        ?   "VERSION: 2.0"

etc.

If you find that only your Koha related modules are in
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 (or wherever), simply delete the
entire directory and start again.

cheers
rickw