[Koha] Re: Koha on etch - a pain?

Beda Szukics beda at muri-gries.ch
Wed Oct 31 07:40:26 NZDT 2007

Hi Grant

> I've been trying to track this down for about 8 weeks now.
> Same issue.

Lucky I'm not the only one. I was questioning my mental health :-)

> Apparently the caveats exist in the list archives someplace but I'd sure like them to be pointed out to me.

> My install works fine except for the addbiblio.pl module.
> It doesn't matter if I get a record from the "Reservoir or a Z39.50m search I get the same error.

Same with me. Unfortunately adding new records is what I intend to do every
day :-(

> Let's keep in touch re this issue - I need to implement on a large scale and need to get this working.

I was upgrading a sarge server to etch. Afterwards I tried to install koha
on it and had quite some problems with at least one of the required perl
modules (I don't quite remember witch one, it had something to do with a new
version, witch was buggy). With some help I managed to succeed the
installation process. But now I have the mentioned problem.

My guess is it has something to do with one of the perl modules, but I have
no idea witch one. Unfortunately I wasn't very careful with documenting my
steps.

It looks like Koha would be the solution witch suited my needs quite well
but maybe I have to consider some other solution ... (Do you know one?)

Greetings               Beda