[Koha] Koha VMWare Virtual appliance problem

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Sat Oct 27 06:38:12 NZDT 2007

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:51:43 +0500, cyberarian wrote
> Dear All
>
> I have downloaded koha vmware virtual appliance.  It is working fine in
> VMware player.  But i am unable to load its gui.  I used startx command on
> shell but it says that is a wrong command.  What should i do to access
> intranet and opac?
>
> Cyberarian

If I understand correctly, it sounds as though you are trying to access the web gui via
the server itself.  This won't work by default.  The VMware image does not include a
desktop (as far as I'm aware) by default.  Use another machine on the network and access
the server via the browser via the servers IP address such as

http://ser.ver.ip.address/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl

Hope this helps.

Jim