[Koha] Which OS?

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Oct 19 09:35:27 NZDT 2007

----- "ils shopping" <ils.shopping at gmail.com> wrote:
> I see directions for running Koha on Debian, Ubuntu, MacOSX, and
> Windows.  Which is best?  I'm really a mac head and love the form
> factor of the Mac Mini.  Would a 2ghz dual core mini with 2GB of ram
> be sufficient to handle 50k of patrons, 120k of materials, and 500K
> of circ for 1 facility?  Thats our current load.
Well, it'll work on all of the above, running any operating system.
I've always found it's easiest on Debian, but that's just my bias :-)

The specs you quote will be fine if you're planning to roll out on
the 3.0 codebase, but I wouldn't want to run 2.2 on those specs.
Without Zebra your searching will be pretty slow on 2.2 ... searching
is definitely the bottleneck to consider. But 3.0 will literally fly
something like a Mac Mini :-)

Cheers,