[Koha] Re: [koha-Infos] KohaLa GA and candidates for the CA

Roger Horne roger at hrothgar.co.uk
Tue Oct 2 20:32:46 NZST 2007

On Tuesday 02 October 2007 07:40, MJ Ray wrote:
> MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> > On Thursday 4 October, from 13:30, come in numbers to the first
> > General Assembly of the KohaLa Association. [...]
>
> I've posted naive translations of the rules and proposed internal
> regulations of KohaLa to
>   http://serene.ttllp.co.uk/~mjr/StatutsKohala.pdf
>   http://serene.ttllp.co.uk/~mjr/RIkohala.pdf

I rather suspect that these documents are copied from some standard forms
somewhere.  If you google for some of those Articles you will find very
similar clauses in the Rules of other French organisations. eg "Article 9 :
Conseil d’administration" is similar (not identical) to
http://eurolab-france.asso.fr/pages/eurolabfrance/statuts/art9.htm

It is only some countries where the idea of estabishing Rules and Regulations
is considered to be of major importance. The Americans are very keen on it.
Years ago I joined a group working on XML for use in the Law, which was
interesting. The Americans then decided that it needed to set up Rules, and
nothing else was discussed on the list for months (by which time the
membership had dwindled substantially). It then decided to be taken over by
OASIS and to require massive subscriptions (which I and most others were
unwilling to pay): I have not heard from it since.

It is obviously a good idea for a group that is going to meet regularly to
have some way of reaching decisions and to deal with eg cash for running
expenses. Even a small village sports club will usually have some form of
rules. But in the UK there is no legal requirement for the sort of formality
set out in these documents, while I suspect that there is in France.

r.
--
Roger Horne
roger at hrothgar.co.uk