[Koha] Cataloguer's blues

Mason James mason.james at liblime.com
Thu Nov 15 10:25:46 NZDT 2007

On 2007/11/14, at 2:20 AM, Joshua Ferraro wrote:

> On 11/13/07, a.maclennan at rgu.ac.uk <a.maclennan at rgu.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi, Joshua
>> Thanks for getting back to me. I see I've been a bit verbose - my
>> core
>> question was: " can I tell the install script that MySQL now lives at
>> /opt/lampp/bin/mysql". Is there a way to change the install script in
>> this regard?
> Hmmm...so the issue you're having is that the installer doesn't
> realize
> that MySQL is, in fact, installed? Sorry if I'm being dense, but
> I'm not
> sure why that would matter :-)

Hi Alan,

so, before you run the install.pl

what does a 'which mysql'  show you?.
and have you tried adding '/opt/lampp/bin/' to your PATH

like this...
export PATH=/opt/lampp/bin/:$PATH

then checking your path, like this...
export | grep PATH

then running 'which mysql', which should hopefully reply...
/opt/lampp/bin/mysql

that should do it :)

Cheers, Mason

Mason James                                mason.james at liblime.com
Programmer                                         www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 117