[Koha] Adding a new template to the OPAC and Intranet

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Wed Nov 14 17:54:57 NZDT 2007

Hello group,

I am contemplating adding a new look and feel to an existing Koha
install. I am currently using the NPL template.

I would like to create a new template and have that template appear
as an option in the Koha Administration area of the web site.

Any pointers on how to proceed?

I am curious as to where I would store the new files,
perhaps in

intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/MYTEMPLATE/en

and

opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/MYTEMPLATE/en

An unanswered question is how do the perl scripts and the
HTML::Template facility pass around the information on which
template is currently is use, i.e. 'MYTEMPLATE' must make
it into the HTML somehow.

TIA
rickw