[Koha] What Am I missing?

Bo Schafers bo at weavebrain.com.au
Thu May 24 19:44:36 NZST 2007

Hi again everyone. Thanks for your responses and suggestions.

I've checked (or done) what was suggested:

1. Sites-enabled with koha-httpd.conf  is working well on Apache. The
ScriptAlias ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ /usr/local/koha/opac/cgi-bin/ AND
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/koha/ "/usr/local/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/" are set
respectively as per installation procedures.
2. Executing the script from the command line
(./intranet/cgi-bin/z3950/search.pl) works fine, it displays html output
- no worries
3. SElinux is set DISABLED via grub's menu.lst - as well as setenforce
0- duly rebooted and checked. z3950 service restarted.
4. Chowned -R'd and subsequently checked all directories below koha all
are: www-data/www-data

Unfortunately I STILL have pl files downloading when instigating a z3950
search, instead of displaying results. The only thing untried now is the
suggestion by MJ Ray regarding possible changes to Apache2 in Etch.

Another thing.  I noticed that in 'Upload Marc to Resevoir' Koha
downloads the perl  script only when  the file has incorrect MARC
formatting, otherwise it works fine. In other words, its an ERROR
HANDLIN ISSUE: when the scripts fails due to format incompatibility, it
downloads the file to the user, instead of displaying an error in the
browser.

So ---- PERHAPS this failure of the z3950 function has to do with a
malformed query/instruction? I've noticed for instance that z3950 works
somewhat when I set it to the following server):

amicus.collectionscanada.ca   Port: 210

displaying 'nothing found' instead of  downloading search.pl as it does
with all other servers that I've tried. Hmm....what on earth is going on???

Bo