[Koha] Koha 2.0.0 to 2.2.9 migration - catalogue search doesn't find anything

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Tue May 22 22:05:00 NZST 2007

Hello to the list,

With some help from Chris and the rest of the team that was at
Katipo earlier this year, I did a migration of an existing Koha 2.0.0
install over to Koha 2.2.7. (Thanks for #koha on IRC!)

At that stage, the database was upgraded to 2.2.7 using the
koha.upgrade script.

But the catalogue search did not return any results.
Further investigation showed that we needed to run one more
script: koha2marc.pl

Finally we had a working Koha 2.2.7 system.

I have since moved everything to our dedicated server and re-installed
everything from scratch using Koha 2.2.8.

For the database upgrade, I saved a MySQL dump, then imported that
onto the 2.2.8 system.

This is where things continue to fail. The catalogue search once
again does not work. So I tried the koha.upgrade script once again,
to no avail.

Today we decided to upgrade to Koha 2.2.9 to fix the outstanding bugs.

After upgrading the database, the catalogue search still does not
work. Every search on the OPAC quick search page returns the
same result: one record, prolly the first in the biblio section
of the database.

The tables are populated with records, as one would expect, e.g.
here are some sample row counts:

Table biblio: 16473 rows
Table biblio_framework: 0 rows
Table biblioanalysis: 0 rows
Table biblioitems: 16324 rows
Table bibliosubject: 15820 rows
Table bibliosubtitle: 3902 rows
Table bibliothesaurus: 0 rows

Table branches: 10 rows
Table items: 16448 rows

Table marc_biblio: 21234 rows
Table marc_blob_subfield: 5458 rows
Table marc_breeding: 348 rows
Table marc_subfield_structure: 1107 rows
Table marc_subfield_table: 455964 rows
Table marc_tag_structure: 98 rows
Table marc_word: 687694 rows

Table systempreferences: 67 rows

The "Check MARC" function returns all OKAY.

I am at a loss what to do next. Any advice from the more
experienced Koha users?

thanks,
rickw